Saturday, November 14, 2009

Totally Lame

Okay, I know I am totally lame with regard to updating this blog. What have we been up to? Here it is in a nutshell:

Sam turned 5 and had an awesome party at Pump it Up.



My good friend Janey from college came to Chicago for a conference so the kids and I went and had dinner with here. This was a major achievement for me because Rich had to go to India (more on that below) for work and was not here to chauffeur me to the city, as he usually does. This was not good because I have issues with driving on the tollway here into the city. There is so much construction and so may highway splits that I prefer to leave that whole mess to Rich. But alas, I HAD to see my buddy so off we went. We made it and it was well worth the stress - I had not seen Janey for about 15 years!


As I said, Rich was off to India for a week and we all hated it. Here is a picture of the kids waiting in the rain for his taxi to arrive home. He came back on his birthday, so we had a big celebration after which he fell soundly (and quickly) to sleep.



This was the Welcome Home/Happy Birthday set up:


Megan finished he fall soccer season and started swim team. This is new for us and she loves it. She is doing great. This was here in her first meet where she won two ribbons! Her best friend Paige is doing it with her so it is especially fun.



Sam is taking a little "Intro to Soccer" class in the morning before school. He is having a great time, but that may be just because he can run around like crazy for 45 minutes. The coach is awesome and funny so he enjoys going.



And finally, we had Halloween. The weather was cold and miserable and Mary got sick. The costumes were cute, though. Sam was Batman, Mary was Dorothy, Megan was a zombie 50s girl and Hannah was a dead prom queen (we had fun making that costume).



Here is a close up of the prom queen. Rich did the blood.




So all in all, we have been busy as usual. My sister is coming for Thanksgiving which is less than 2 weeks away. Help! Somebody slow the time down!

4 comments:

Jan said...

Love the pictures! The first one of Megan you need to frame. So good to SEE what you are up to! And Hannah's costume is to die for. ;-)

BUT I think you missed documenting one event in there my dear... how was your bday???

xoxoxoxo

j

Hal said...

You are sooo not lame!! Loved your update! You look so fit in that photo with your friend. Hannah's costume/make-up was haunting. Congratulations to Megan --so like you! Anyway, I'm doing a brisk walk most days and I've lost about 50 lbs. since I was pregnant with Sean. Just 50 lbs to go and then I must do the impossible -- maintain. Eventually I'll be up to joining you and Rich in a Tri-a-tha-lon.

Karen said...

It was great to catch-up with the Greens!

Stephanie Green said...

thanks for the pics and update!!