Sunday, December 6, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas




We got our Christmas tree this weekend and the kids decorated it today. As a result, several Green Family records were set:

1. I am posting about an event that actually happened TODAY. Usually, there is a lag of about 2 weeks to three months. This is close to being a Christmas miracle.

2. The kids decorated basically the whole tree themselves. I put up the lights (I know, that should be a Dad job, but not in this house) and helped with a few ornaments, but they really did most of it. This is the first time I have been so uninvolved with the decorating. It was kind of liberating. Sam was the one who was really into it. He had a longer attention span for it than the girls did!

3. This may be related to # 2 above. Not one single ornament was broken in the decorating of the tree. Usually, at least three are smashed. I will admit that I am typically responsible for at least one breaking. So maybe because I was so uninvolved, the lives of who knows how many ornaments were saved.

1 comment:

Sharon Gregory said...

You are too funny! Love your writing and Sam's hat is just the thing Mark has been begging me for. You are an awesome MOM!