Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Update

Whew! Could it possibly be so long since I posted anything? It seems every other post I do is some sort of update meant to fill in for months missed. Sorry.

So what have we been up to? Well first off, my foot is doing pretty well. I was on crutches for five (!) weeks. It was longer because of an infection the pictures of which I will spare you. It was pretty nasty. Then I was able to walk in the boot for a couple of weeks and then I graduated to a tennis shoe. So here I am, 10 weeks out form the surgery, wearing tennis shoes (and only tennis shoes) with new orthodocs in them. I am going to physical therapy (wow did I need it after wearing that boot for 7 weeks) and I can ride the stationary bike, swim and walk on the tread mill. I interpret riding the bike as doing spin classes, so at least I can get a little exercise. The swimming is helping too (I was totally sore after my first time back in the pool - so depressing!). I go back June 1, which will be 3 months post-op. I am hoping for clearance to run. And wear something other than tennis shoes (not that I am not grateful to be out of the boot!)

In retrospect, I will say that the bunion surgery has not been that big a deal and I am not too stressed about the other foot (I scheduled it for December, but I might move it up). The big issue was the lousy hammer toe. It still does not feel anything near normal and the doc said it could take a year for all of the feeling to come back. Ugh. Luckily, I do not have that issue on my left foot. All it needs is the bunion surgery.

While all this was going on, Hannah turned 13. I can't believe it. She had a fun afternoon of shopping at the mall with Teresa and then a sushi dinner with her dad (I was still out of commission). Here are Hannah & Teresa after their shopping trip:



It is hard to believe Hannah is so grown up. I am so proud of what an awesome, talented kid she is. I still see that little girl with a whale spout, twisting her hair. Then I blink and here is this mature young woman. People warned me she would grow up fast - why didn't I believe them?
Happy Birthday Hannah! You are awesome!

We were able to spend spring break with my sister and Teresa. We had a blast and got to catch up with our friends the Mojicas.

Jen's rental car was a black Grand Marquis. It was huge. We decided a gangsta pose would be appropriate.


Time is flying by and we have a crazy summer coming up: Rich & Hannah to Utah for Kristy's wedding, Mary & me to NYC to see my family, Hannah to Girls' Camp, all of us to Utah & Idaho for Green family reunion...and that just gets us to July! Hopefully there will be a triathlon for me in there somewhere along with lots of running!

No comments: