Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Vacation




Friday was supposed to be the kids' last day before Christmas Vacation, but we ended up with a foot of snow and a snow day. I had a surprise planned for the kids to kick off vacation: I reserved a night at Key Lime Cove, an indoor water park less than 2 miles from here. The whole indoor water park is a midwestern thing I had never even heard of until we moved here. Anyway, it makes sense since the winters here are so long. Key Lime Cove is less than a year old, and the terrible economy seems to be taking its toll because they had a pretty incredible deal. We paid about a third of what they normally charge for the room plus water park passes. So the kids spend the first half of the day playing in the snow and the second half (plus Saturday) playing at the water park.

I was glad we did it because the weather really went downhill after Saturday. We woke up Sunday to a -8 air temperature with a -34 windchill. It was the coldest day I have ever experienced. I am already planning Spring Break in Sunny Florida!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

How about SUNNY and HOT Texas?