Monday, December 1, 2008

Snow!




We finally got our first real snow today (about 4 inches or so). The kids were so excited. I was too- I love snow in December. Of course, my attitude changes by the time it is March. But for now I will just enjoy it. We got our Christmas lights up on Saturday, so we are set.

After so many years of living in Atlanta, every time it snows up here I get the same shocked feeling when I see that we are expected to go on with our lives as if nothing is going on. Shouldn't we be huddled up in our homes with all the bread and milk we could clear from the store shelves, waiting for the snow to melt? No, people go to work, kids go to school and things are not cancelled. It still feels very odd to me. I am not planning on going anywhere today. I am just going to enjoy looking out the window.

By the way, the best purchase we have made since moving here was the snow thrower. Love it! Love it even more when Rich is the one operating it.

1 comment:

Mojica's said...

How many times this year will Rich run the snow blower? About as many as he mows the lawn?